Mocktails for a Sexy, Sober Valentine’s Day!
It’s Valentine’s Day and I like being a virgin….virgin cocktail drinker that is! With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, if you’re hosting a party or just looking to whip up something sober-friendly, yet sexy, spicy, sultry or any other “s” adjective, then look no further. These cocktail-inspired, alcohol-free mocktails will have you begging for more!
If you’re not feeling particularly sweet this Valentine’s Day, then get inspired by these creatively romantic non-alcoholic cocktails! These mocktails will have you finding your “sweetheart” in no time!
1Luscious Lavender Limeade
This inspired lavender limeade packs a perfectly innocent surprise punch to an otherwise ordinary drink. The lavender relaxes you while lime offers a kick of surprise, just the way it feels like being around that brand new crush!
- 2 tsp culinary lavender
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 cups water
- Boil 2 cups of water and pour over the lavender in a strainer.
- Mix together sugar, vanilla, and cold water. Bring to a boil and stir occasionally until all the sugar is dissolved and remove from burner.
- Combine the sugar syrup with the lime/lemon juice in a 2 quart pitcher.
- Pour in the lavender water and stir.
- Add 1-2 cups of ice.
- Serve immediately.
2Blushing Virgin Daiquiri
This virgin strawberry daiquiri aims to please and brings us back to a time when things were simple and sweet, just like your first crush…
- 1 bottle sparkling white grape juice
- ¼ cup strawberry simple syrup
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- ¾ cup Welch’s sparkling strawberry daiquiri (non-alcoholic)
- Dollop whipped cream
- Combine grape juice, sparkling strawberry daiquiri, cooled simple syrup, and fresh strawberries in a large pitcher.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Sometimes, we want nothing more than something new to tickle our senses. We want something that tastes delightfully delicious, something that resembles passion, and brings out a bit of a spark. While this ideally should be the job of your lover, these sensually sober mocktails will have to do the trick!
3Mojo Magic Mockjito
Get your mojo back and the juices flowing with this magical mockjito! This blackberry pomegranate virgin mojito has the perfect amount of pomegranate and blackberry juices.
- ¾ cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 1 cup light juice mix (see bottom for ingredients)
- 4 cups Izzie sparkling blackberry juice
- 1 bunch of mint leaves
- 2 limes
- Add limes and mint to a large pitcher.
- Crush limes until all juices have been released. Stir in 1 cup syrup, pomegranate juice, blackberries, and muddle again.
- Pour in sparkling blackberry juice, and juice mix. Stir until combined.
- Pour into glasses and garnish!
4“Passionate in Pink” Sobriety Shots
These alcohol-free grapefruit shooters will bathe your tastebuds in a passionate dance of fruits and awaken your senses. Be ready to get “dirty and flirty” with this pink drink.
- ¼ cup agave juice
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup pink grapefruit juice
- 1/3 cup seltzer water
- Add your agave juice, simple syrup, lime juice, grapefruit juice, and seltzer water to a cocktail shaker or large glass.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Add a few ice cubes to the glass, stir, and pour into shot glasses.
5Mint-In-Your-Mouth Chocolate Mocktini
If there is a chocolate lover in your mix, this drink will bring them the experience the ultimate pleasure in their mouth! This peppermint chocolate virgin martini will leave an explosion where it counts!
- 1 oz of Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 oz milk (if desired)
- ¼ teaspoon of chocolate extract
- ¼ teaspoon of peppermint extract
- 2 oz (60ml) Half & Half
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Shavings (optional)
- Crushed peppermint
- Stir ice cream until nearly liquid. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add half & half, both extracts, and shake.
- Add ice cream. Blend all ingredients in blender.
- Pour mix into martini glasses and top with a dollop of whipped cream, a sprinkle of chocolate shavings and crushed peppermint.
6Red Velvet Valentine Cake Shooters
These may not technically be “drinks” per se, but they come in a shot glass! So if you want a sexy sober shot with your valentine, try these alcohol-free red velvet cake shooters. Full of decadent and fun flavors, they’re irresistible — just like you will be for offering them!
- Red Velvet Cake
- Cream Cheese Icing
- Vanilla Ice Cream/ Cake Batter Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Cut red velvet cake into small chunks, about quarter size
- Take mini shooters/shotglasses and place a teaspoon scoop of softened ice cream in bottom.
- Layer red velvet chunks, cream cheese frosting and a few more red velvet chunks.
- Drizzle melted ice cream on top and add a dollop of whipped cream.
If you’re in the mood for something slightly spicier or with a bit of kick, instead of alcohol, try a drink with chili or ginger. Both are guaranteed to turn up the heat, literally! Plus, chili and ginger help with endorphin release, which is a great way ensure that you end up with a happy ending!
7Sweet Heat Mockjito
This alcohol-free coconut chili mojito mixes sweet, sour, and spice! The perfect combination for a satisfyingly sober drink and a satisfyingly spicy night!
- 1/2 lime – halved lengthwise then cut into 8
- 1/2 tbsp raw sugar
- 1/4 red chili pepper – deseeded and sliced
- 3 sprigs of mint – leaves only
- 70ml Coconut water
- 35ml sparkling grape juice
- Almond extract
- Crushed ice
- Add the lime, raw sugar and chili to a highball glass. Muddle until the sugar is dissolved. Add two mint leaves and continue to muddle.
- Mix the coconut water and sparkling grape. Add almond extract. Stir.
- Add to glass and stir.
- Slowly add crushed ice.
- Garnish with last sprig of mint, if desired.
8Dark n’ Soberly Wild Ride
This nonalcoholic cocktail, inspired by the Dark n’ Stormy, is a perfect Valentine’s Day! Prepare for an intense and wild ride –or night – with this drink.
- 2 oz dark juice mix (see notes at bottom)
- 3 oz ginger beer (non-alcoholic)
- ½ oz fresh lime juice
- Pour in cocktail shaker and shake.
- Pour over ice and serve.
- Garnish with a lime.
9Red-Hot Mocktail Love
If you’re burning up with love & affection, and you’re full of passion, this Red Hot mocktail might be the drink for you. This slightly sweet and spicy mocktail will satisfy all of your desires!
- 6 oz package Red Hots
- ¼ cup water
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 4 oz apple juice
- 3 oz ginger ale
- 1 oz pineapple juice
- Simmer red hots in water until almost melted. Stir as candy melts.
- Combine apple juice, ginger ale, and pineapple juice in a separate cup. Stir.
- Pour melted Red Hots into glass and pour mixed juice and soda over candy.
- Mix if desired.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Simple Syrup is made by dissolving sugar into water.
- Light Juice Mix (replacement for light rum): Mix white grape juice, pineapple juice, apple juice, apple cider or water with a small amount of almond extract.
- Dark Juice Mix (replacement for dark rum): molasses, white grape juice, pineapple juice, apple juice, apple cider and then a small amount of almond extract.